Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Family Away from Home

There is no replacement for family. Those who share your last name, but more important is the continuously support they provide me all throughout my life. However, since I have been at Trinity University I have found that you can have a family away from home. My friends from back home everyday become more family than ever, but the friends I have been making here have become part of my family as well. Friends who always welcome you in their dorm, who come to lunch or dinner with you, even if they have already eaten. My family is ever growing into a much bigger and interesting family. I say interesting because I now have family all over the world, including all over the United States. My new friends include nationalities such as: Pakistani, Colombian, Turkish, Indian, Danish, Bolivian, Mexican, and many more. When I think about this I feel as if I could travel the world and always have a place to stay. The feeling of creating a new family is only one of the many reason that are helping me adjust to life abroad, life at Trinity. To have a new family does not mean that my old family is not as important. On the other hand, the bonds between me and my family and friends have only gotten stronger because of the distance between us. My new family has helped make the adaptation to this new life even easier than my old family did since the beginning.

Subscribe to my Podcast (iTunes)

Subscribe to my Podcast (RSS)



Discover Simple, Private Sharing at Drop.io

No comments:

Post a Comment