Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My New Home


Since I have gotten to Trinity I have began to feel more at home at every step of the way. Even if I miss my lifestyle back at home I have realized that Trinity will make a good home for the next 4 years. This semester has shown that much to me. Every day it feels less of a hotel and more as a home. Even if all we get is a room that we have to share. At first being in the dorms at Trinity with no car seemed in a way a prison. Even if nothing restricts you from leaving campus, not having a car makes it very complicated. Every chance of leaving campus, even if it was to watch friends shop for useless things, you would take it. It was a nice feeling to leave campus because you did not get the feeling that you were restricted to being in this small space. However, as time has passed by that feeling has gone away. As you continue to make friends the necessity to leave diminishes. Being on campus can show different activities that you can do especially if you are with friends. Every now and then you do leave campus and it is a refreshing feeling but not a necessity. That has changed the dynamics of what it feels to be a Trinity University student. You do not feel constrained by the university; you feel the opportunities that it has in store for you. As I have spent more and more time at Trinity I have the feeling that this will be a wonderful home for the next 4 years. Even if I don’t have a car in a way I will always have a friend and maybe he will have a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment